The 7 Benefits of Video Marketing For Small Business Owners
Here’s some alarming statistics for why video matters and your business –
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 80% of consumers believe demonstration videos are helpful when making purchases
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers (DMB Adobe)
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds (Animoto)
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without (Wistia)
- 55% of people consume videos thoroughly — the highest amount all types of content (HubSpot, 2016)
- More than 50% of videos are watched on mobile (Ooyala, 2016)
- Half of 18- to 34-year old YouTube subscribers would drop what they’re doing to watch a new video by their favorite creator (Google, 2016)
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers in the future (HubSpot, 2016)
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice on what to buy from their favorite creator over their favorite TV or movie personality (Google, 2017)
So, if you’re a small business owner looking to thrive this year, then read below and we’ll show you how putting the “all things video” trend behind you and helping you grow your business exponentially this year.
The future of marketing is here, and it appears in the form of 1080 pixels or less. Whether you’re a startup business or you’ve been in business for 50 years, you know the only way businesses gain and maintain their following is through successful marketing campaigns.
Marketing comes in many different forms and, thanks to technology, it is constantly changing. Technology is rapidly altering how ideas are shared, and through audio, video, and data-based collaboration sessions, digital marketing is now the new norm. Sorry, but the old ways of print, billboards, etc have come and gone. Today, it’s all about digital. And today, Digital is all about creating video content, because that’s how consumers want to learn
Here are some reasons why Video Marketing in your business this year is a great idea.
1. It’s a trend that’s overwhelming 99% of business owners!
Constant change in the marketing world can make it hard to keep up. As business owners, this isn’t a surprise.
Through the chaos, knowing what clients want is the most important aspect to targeting their interest, and we know our clients and customers prefer video to learn.
So…if we can do video marketing, we’ve got a distinct advantage for growing our businesses. Because, we can give our clients and customers what they want.
So, right now you’re probably saying “well, getting a video made isn’t cheap.” And, you are right. It surely didn’t used to be. But today, if money is tight. You have options like never before. With advances in technology, most people today are walking around with adequate video cameras on their smartphones. Add in a $20-$30 microphone from Amazon and you’ve got a great setup for filming the type of content your audience is looking for anyway.
- How you get video content doesn’t matter. The fact that you are using it for marketing is a true competitive edge and the sooner you can get on board the more likely you are to win. Also, video content sells, regardless of who produces it. It doesn’t matter if the budget is big or small, video marketing has the potential to increase traffic to your site, tell your story, and help new business come walking through the door.
- Also, you don’t need thousands of dollars of equipment. A quick Google Search online will reveal countless ways you can set up a studio for next to nothing and put your smartphone to use.
2. A Chance to Set Yourself Apart from your Competitors in the area.
Many companies are stuck in the past. Changing your strategies to include video marketing will set your small business apart from the rest.
This alone is huge for small businesses as initial recognition, and achieving the first “milestone” in clientele is worth celebrating and foreshadows a big future. Therefore, successful online video marketing provides the largest reach to potential clients.
Studies have shown that 1 in 4 consumers will lose interest in a company if there are no videos available to view. The last thing any small business owner wants is to lose clients over something as simple and doable today as producing great video content.
The benefits from video marketing in a modern, technological society greatly outweighs the time and effort needed to get into it.
- Where others will take time to adapt, the fast movers will already be established and dominating when they catch up.
- With adversity and anxiety over something like, doing video marketing for your business, there’s a great opportunity if you can get going with it and leverage it to the fullest capacity.
3. All Things Digital and Digital Is Becoming Video – So Let’s Be Where “It’s Going On”
In the United States alone, 88.5% of the population, nearly 287 million people, use the internet.With those numbers, the most important thing to do is get in front of the people most likely to buy your products or use your services. And of the things people are doing online, a large % of that time is spent on social media channels where video is taking over and becoming the most preferred means of viewing and digesting content.
That being said, video is a great opportunity to
4. Reading Vs Viewing
Everyone has heard of videos going “viral.” However, viral web pages are almost unheard of. Just having a website it not enough. With 59% of business people more likely to chose video over text about the same thing, business owners will be able to create content that can be viewed at a higher rate.
This allows businesses to optimize a message or product to consumers that are not only worth their time to invest money in, but also worth the owner’s time.
5. Short And Sweet – Your Clients & Customers Want Quick, to the point information.
The human brain wants to take in quick and snappy information, and viewers are 4 times more likely to watch a video than read about products. Video marketing should be short and concise. Video presence grabs a viewer’s attention, and because we live in a technology-based society, that option becomes available in the palm of their hand.
Because most of our time is spent focused on mobile technology, our attention is rarely focused in on something that takes longer to view than a quick scroll of a cell phone screen. Humans have a shorter attention span than a goldfish.
This information is utilized and put to good use on video platforms such as YouTube, where their ad service plays short, commercial-like marketing videos. Most consumers are willing to watch videos up to 15 seconds long before their chosen content plays.
This allows business owners who are seeking to increase their client database to show the most significant information that is relevant to their business in a short amount of time.
6. Show It Off
Being able to demonstrate to clients (and the competition) that a business is serious about their product or service, will influence their willingness to invest money.
Showing viewers and potential clients that a business can produce amazing outcomes will increase credibility to that small business. This highlights why they should bring their business to one place, instead of another.
The perception and understanding of written text is completely in the hands of a reader.
Video marketing allows businesses to completely design their brand and tell customers what their experience, service, and results will be when working with that company.
Video Marketing Will Inform Potential Clients With:
What To Expect
Ex: Are you an elegant establishment that breathes only absolute beauty?
Or are you a robust shop that breathes fire?
Who The Business Is
The personality that videos portray is much easier to grasp than through text alone.
Why They Should Choose That Business
Sell it! Customers want to see confidence behind service and showing them authority and seriousness will reassure them that they’ve come to the right place.
Ready To Begin?
The next revenue-boosting, industry-wide known video is being created right now.
Get in touch with us today to begin dominating the video marketing industry and take your business to the next level.